What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble going to www.icloud.com

RC52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
When ever I try to go to "www.ICLOUD.COM" using the IPAD browser it brings up

"www.icloud.com/ipad_welcome"

When I use my PC it asks me to login and i can do what I want it just goes to "www.icloud.com"

Some other IOS 5 problem is I lost all my NOTES, this happened last upgrade.

Also if you have imported any photos using events where the event is a date the photo is taken, then this is lost as well.

RC

OP
R

RC52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi some more info.

I have tried going to the web page icloud.com on a numberof Apple devices, IPAD and IPOD. And each time the web page gets changed to www.icloud.com/ipad_welcome where you can not logon.

However when I try it from my netbook I get the correct page.

So I had a look at the webpage code and found this

if(SC.browser.iPhone){window.location="https://www.icloud.com/iphone_welcome"

I am no expert in this but it looks like it changes the page to the welcom page if using that type of browser and platform.
On my IPAD I have the ATOMIC browser installed which has a feature to make the browser look like anonther when I set it to look like desktop safari and low and behold I now get the correct page ie I now only get www.icloud.com

RC
}else{if(SC.browser.iPad){window.location="https://www.icloud.com/ipad_welcome"}}if(!CloudOSBootstrap.isBrowserVersionAtLeast({safari:4,mobilesafari:0,firefox:4,opera:0,chrome:0,ie:8,android:0,otherwise:true}))

scunepo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm having the same problem with my iPad. Logs on OK with my iMac and Macbook Pro. Can anybody help please.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCloud.com is not optimized for a mobile browser. It is only meant to be rendered from PC, MAC etc.

A poor but slightly usable work around is to use a different browser that has the option to be seen as a desktop browser like Atomic, Yahoo etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts