What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble getting email...

cwismayer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why my Mail has suddenly failed, for no reason? I get a message saying the user name or password are wrong, but they aren't. I have shut down and attempted to delete the account (which also seems to be impossible) without success.

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cwismayer said:
Can someone tell me why my Mail has suddenly failed, for no reason? I get a message saying the user name or password are wrong, but they aren't. I have shut down and attempted to delete the account (which also seems to be impossible) without success.

Have you tried clicking "Forgot Password?", it will let you create new username and password. And btw, this tips and tricks thread is only for DragonVale game. I think you should post this to proper thread to get more help. ;)

"This game is simply the power of LUCK! Oh, and MAGIC FINGER!" 

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi there--welcome to the forum. Please do not hijack a thread to ask an off-topic question. First, because it is against Forum uses and Secondly, you will not get as much attention in the Dragonvale Tips and Tricks thread.

I am going to move this post along wit Kry2n8's post to a new thread.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't delete the account off the iPad?

Are the accounts greyed out under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars? If so then you have Restrictions set to preventing modifying account information. You'll have to unlock the restriction before you can delete and re-add the account; which often does work for your problem.

OP
C

cwismayer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for those replies. Apologies for posting in the wrong thread. The interface is unfamiliar. The problem fixed itself after I found a way to delete the account. It's frustrating that this happens and why it does. How do I find the thread where I can ask about the total disappearance of my mobileme web-site.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
MobileMe is gone. Apple discontinued it on June 30th. You should have received several warnings about it's eminent demise. Some of the services should have transferred when you (hopefully) migrated to iCloud. Web hosting was not one of those things.

Most reactions