What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble closing running apps on ipad

JMinMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I know I have a lot of apps running in the background on my iPad. Every time I double press down the home button, it automatically brings up the search page instead of showing the running apps. Any suggestions?? Much appreciated!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

First, multiple apps running 'in the background' is typical for the iPad; second, when you 'double press' the home button, make sure that the process is done quickly, i.e. the speed will determine whether the multi-taskbar opens or a switch to another screen is done. Also, if you are running the updated software on the iPad, multi-gesturing finger movements can be used - just put 4-5 fingers on the screen and swipe upward, the taskbar should open.

If none of these suggestions work, then you might want to 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' your iPad - directions HERE, if unfamiliar w/ the procedures - good luck!

Most reactions