What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip to Turkey

becva7468

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me? I have an ipad2 16gb with 3G.

I am about to go on holiday with my daughter to Turkey and would like to take a couple films to watch when she goes to bed but I have heard it's very expensive unless the iPad is on a WIFI network.

I'm just wondering how to get around or stop the roaming charges or whether it's best left at home?

Thanks very much for your help

All for one and one for all!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me? I have an ipad2 16gb with 3G.

I am about to go on holiday with my daughter to Turkey and would like to take a couple films to watch when she goes to bed but I have heard it's very expensive unless the iPad is on a WIFI network.

I'm just wondering how to get around or stop the roaming charges or whether it's best left at home?

Thanks very much for your help

The best thing to do is to load the films on to your iPad before you leave for Turkey. There's no need to use the 3G to download them while you're away - indeed you wouldn't be able to because you can't download any movie, app, music etc that's greater than 20 MB over 3G - an Apple-imposed limit.

If you're going to take your iPad you could simply switch the 3G off or - if you want to use 3G while you're away but don't want horrendous roaming charges, simply buy a SIM card from a local Turkish cellular operator when you arrive.

Tim

OP
B

becva7468

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The best thing to do is to load the films on to your iPad before you leave for Turkey. There's no need to use the 3G to download them while you're away - indeed you wouldn't be able to because you can't download any movie, app, music etc that's greater than 20 MB over 3G - an Apple-imposed limit.

If you're going to take your iPad you could simply switch the 3G off or - if you want to use 3G while you're away but don't want horrendous roaming charges, simply buy a SIM card from a local Turkish cellular operator when you arrive.

Tim

Thank you Tim. I appreciate your help.

OP
B

becva7468

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Hi Tim

Sorry to bother you again but I've just thought of a couple more questions:-

1. How do I turn off 3G?

2. I was reading other help sections re roaming charges in different states (not sure if it's applicable to what I want to do) and someone said the iPad sim card is slightly smaller, is this true?

3. How do you change your picture in the top left corner please? (sorry not on topic but I can't seem to find out how to do it)

Thanks again for all your help

Most reactions