What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tried a screen protector but disgarded it.

What is your status with a screen protector?

• Total voters

andremiko888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadChef said:
When I first purchased my iPad I looked into getting a screen protector. I did my research and read lots of reviews, I decided against buying one.
My iPad is now eleven months old and the screen still looks brand new without a scratch. The wiping cloth that came with the Apple iPad protector works great every time. Once ever 1-2 months I use a mild cleaner on the screen and a micro cloth and clean it up,I put it back into the protector and I'm good to go.

☮ ♥ 

Agree . . Same here mine still looks new without putting plastic thing on my screen . . Without anything on my screen makes my paddy always looks new . . I think its semi scratch resistant . . =)

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a zagg invisible smudge. It feels weird at first but I am use to it now.

DarelRex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do screen protectors prevent people sitting next to you from seeing what you're doing? Anybody seen one that does that? I saw a commercial for something like that, but I think it was for a laptop... :|

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DarelRex said:
Do screen protectors prevent people sitting next to you from seeing what you're doing? Anybody seen one that does that? I saw a commercial for something like that, but I think it was for a laptop... :|

I know some do. I have not found one I like yet.

TomArraya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ejbpesca said:
How many of you tried to put a screen protector on your Ipad, gave up, and either just threw it away or returned it to the vendor?

I had one installed on the day i bought it. It doesnt hurt the performance nor the looks. A little protection wont hurt you.

Snowflake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Apple screen saver in November and it causes no problems at all. I have almost forgotten that I have it. Still get fingerprints but not so obvious and a quick wipe with a micro cloth every so often works well! Snowflake

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought an Apple screen saver in November and it causes no problems at all. I have almost forgotten that I have it. Still get fingerprints but not so obvious and a quick wipe with a micro cloth every so often works well! Snowflake

Apple branded screen protector? I don't believe they make one. They say you don't heed one...

You bought one with the Apple brand on it?

Fee Fi Fo Fum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is what I am using for a screen protector on my new iPad. I just simply kept the original clear plastic wrapping on the device. It did take some time to uncover the speakers and the side switch and earphone hole.

I will warn one though that the original plastic covering does make the screen look not as good as with no or a regular screen protector.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Snowflake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protector

Apple branded screen protector? I don't believe they make one. They say you don't heed one...

You bought one with the Apple brand on it?

Sorry, thewitt, meant to say bought one to fit Apple iPad. You are right it is not a direct Apple product. Snowflake.

C

Choklitdaddy

I bought a screen protector, took it out of the package and thought, No. I keep my iPad in a case and it's screen is just fine, thank you.

Vivia8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes on IPad and IPhone. Glad I do! My devices all have how good cases and covers but somehow, not by me, my phone got jabbed in the screen. Luckily it was only as deep as the screen protector.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have one on iPad 1 and iPhone, but decided not to on my iPad 2. I keep the smart cover on mine and tucked in a drawer safely when not in use. iPhone is a different story as its use is in different a scenario.

CDavey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, had the Zagg but got rid of it. Not smooth enough.

Most reactions

Latest posts