1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Travelling with a slimmed down iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by longshadows, Jun 4, 2011.

1. longshadows

longshadows iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm about to take a two week trip, using my iPad 32Gb as storage for photos from my digital camera (and any videos I take with my iPhone). Problem is, I have it so full of apps, books, music, etc, that there's not a lot of space left for "temporary storage."

I'd like to set up a "new" (secondary) iPad profile in iTunes, with just the basics and "restore" to that one, leaving the "regular" profile backed up on my Mac, then later, after I no longer need the storage space, can I just "restore" to the old "regular" profile and regain all of my existing settings, apps, music playlists, etc.?

Help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Michael in Maine
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I've moved this to the Help section with a permanent redirect from its original location as I think you'll receive better attention there. I hope this is OK.

Tim
  3. longshadows

longshadows iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, thank you!
  4. Harley man

Harley man iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You can load it on the I tunes when you reload just check the thing you do need for your trip when you get back do the same thing .

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF
  5. parcas1

parcas1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes, like it says here. I went to New Zealand from UK for 10 weeks so I unticked everything I could do without on my final backup and sync before leaving, it was all there when I came back and I brought 2500 photos with me.

If it helps, I took copies of all the documents as pdfs via GoodReader as well - scanned passports, insurance, driving license, itinerary, Visa, etc as back up

Enjoy