What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelling with a slimmed down iPad

longshadows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm about to take a two week trip, using my iPad 32Gb as storage for photos from my digital camera (and any videos I take with my iPhone). Problem is, I have it so full of apps, books, music, etc, that there's not a lot of space left for "temporary storage."

I'd like to set up a "new" (secondary) iPad profile in iTunes, with just the basics and "restore" to that one, leaving the "regular" profile backed up on my Mac, then later, after I no longer need the storage space, can I just "restore" to the old "regular" profile and regain all of my existing settings, apps, music playlists, etc.?

Help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Michael in Maine

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help section with a permanent redirect from its original location as I think you'll receive better attention there. I hope this is OK.

Tim

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can load it on the I tunes when you reload just check the thing you do need for your trip when you get back do the same thing .

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

parcas1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, like it says here. I went to New Zealand from UK for 10 weeks so I unticked everything I could do without on my final backup and sync before leaving, it was all there when I came back and I brought 2500 photos with me.

If it helps, I took copies of all the documents as pdfs via GoodReader as well - scanned passports, insurance, driving license, itinerary, Visa, etc as back up

Enjoy

Most reactions

Latest posts