What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling to Italy

queencole46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my Ipad (not G3) to take on a trip I am taking next month to Italy. I want to be able to surf the web, and use skype to call home and even call localy to make reservations, or confirm travel arrangments. The places we are staying have WiFi.

Will my Skype work as is, or is there something special that I need to to do for this to work in Italy?

Anyones help would be appreciated.

Grazie.
queencole46

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my Ipad (not G3) to take on a trip I am taking next month to Italy. I want to be able to surf the web, and use skype to call home and even call localy to make reservations, or confirm travel arrangments. The places we are staying have WiFi.

Will my Skype work as is, or is there something special that I need to to do for this to work in Italy?

Anyones help would be appreciated.

Grazie.
queencole46

Skype will work just fine in Italy - you won't need to do anything. As long as there's a good WiFi connection, then you'll have no problems at all.

I hope you enjoy your trips to Italy. It's a beautiful country with wonderful scenery and wonderful people. I'm sure you'll have a really great time there.

Enjoy your iPad too and let us know about your experiences in Italy with your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the front facing camera work with Skype for video calls? Or does video calls only work with face time?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I have no personal experience of this, other Forum members have reported that the front facing camera works fine with Skype.

Tim
Scotland

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't use any VoIP apps with the iPad2 (because I don't have one!), but I have used a set of earbuds with a microphone attached (similar to the ones Apple sells) and this improves the voice quality somewhat over the built-in microphone... on the iPad1 anyway!

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Queencole46--thanx for the question and comments by all. My wife and I are going to Italy next month for two weeks and I hope to use Skype to communicate with the grandkids. I will need to buy an adapter plug so I can use the hotel power to recharge the iPad 2.

Most reactions