What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling to Bahamas and on a cruise

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I live there! Well, at least I live in the capital, Nassau. Not sure which island you will be visiting. Once you can find a free wifi hotspot, which seem to be getting scarce, you will be able to connect. If you are visiting Nassau, Starbucks is one place you will definitely be able to connect but not sure it is free. Not sure either about the 3G connection.

OP
M

mrsgoofy98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Nassau is exactly where I will be! Maybe you can answer my question? I want to take the jitney to sandals, but I am bringing a wheelchair. Will I Abe able to do that?

I am going to be there next week.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Word of warning, data rates on most cruise ships is very expensive. We just got back from a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. As we got on the ship the cruise people warned us to turn off our phones and Wifi devices to avoid really big data charges.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Word of warning, data rates on most cruise ships is very expensive. We just got back from a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. As we got on the ship the cruise people warned us to turn off our phones and Wifi devices to avoid really big data charges.

Yup, to your point, on ANY cruise, draft your e-mails, and prepare your uploads before you ever log on! It is slow, and about half a buck, more or less, per minute.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nassau is exactly where I will be! Maybe you can answer my question? I want to take the jitney to sandals, but I am bringing a wheelchair. Will I Abe able to do that?

I am going to be there next week.

To be honest, I am not sure but the jitneys should be wheel chair friendly. As the ones you will be on cater mostly to tourists, I would hope so! Enjoy!

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my Verizon MiFi when on my boat in the Bahama's and it works
flawlessly with my laptop. I now have an iPad and recently flew to the
Bahama's and used the iPad as a moving map display while connected during
the entire flight. Can't say enough good things about the MiFi and Verizon
coverage.

topcobok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MiFi on Carnival Destiny

Hi,

They all tell that it should work, the question is how expensive is it to use vs the very expensive cruise Internet? I'm subscribed to 5Gb in US, how long will it last, if you know?

Thanks
Alexander

iPAD4ME

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard to find free wifi in Nassau is correct, and the Starbucks was closed for renovations when we were there Christmas eve last month! We were on the Carnival Dream and they had good wifi onboard, the cheapest plan was 33c/min, but it cost us $150 for the package.

Most reactions

Latest posts