What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

checho26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a flight this week and I was wondering if there would be a problem with travelling with my ipad... i mean, I know I can carry it on the plane but I heard security in US airports is higher and I have some music that I downloaded from the internet instead of purchasing it... So I'd like to know what could happen if they find out I have these songs... :S thanks a lot!!!

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
The authorities are more concerned about what could be perceived as a terrorist threat than what you have downloaded on your iPad, believe me. The iPad will be scanned for any unusual hardware not content. However, if you have obtained the content illegally that is another matter entirely. At some stage, if this comes to light, you will have to face the consequences, unlikely but possible.
In a nutshell, you should have no problem going through airport security.
Safe journey.

Last edited:

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think they look at what is on your iPad. They didn't check out my iPhone. I have lots of music and movies. I don't carry the copies of the CDs with me, nor do I carry the DVDs. It would take a long time to go through the inspection station if they were to ask everyone what is on their MP3 player, iDevice, etc. The last time I flew to Southern California they didn't even ask me to turn on my iPhone or camera. I just put it in the basket on the X-ray belt and went on through.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you all for taking the time and effort to assist in this matter. However, since the OP has admitted to piracy, we must close this thread at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts