Trash mailbox

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jeaniemccall, Apr 25, 2011.

1. jeaniemccall

jeaniemccall iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I don't appear to have an trash mailbox - only an inbox. I'd like a pending mailbox too. Any ideas on how to create one? :confused:

2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,980 / 1
    Turn your iPad to Landscape mode.

In the upper left corner is a button. It probably says mailboxes, but might not. Tap it.

You should now see at least two entries, more if you have more accounts. At the top will be one or more Inboxes. One for each account, and an All Inbox if you have more than one account.

Further down the screen you will see a list of accounts. If you choose the accounts instead of the Inbox, you will see all the synced folders that are associated with that account. Depending on the account type this usually includes; Inbox, Sent, Draft, and Trash at the minimum. There may be more.

If your account is IMAP, many are, you can create more folders using your service provider's webmail site. These will automatically sync with the iPad. This option is not available with POP3 accounts (so far as I know).

3. jeaniemccall

jeaniemccall iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No there is only one entry which is inbox. No account details below and I can find no way of entering other boxes such as trash or deleted or draft or even sent. Very frustrating.

4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    Could you take a screenshot of this page and post it - grey out any confidential details, such as the contents of any displayed emails because I agree with twerppoet and I can't understand how you're seeing what you're seeing. There most definitely should be a Trash folder - though it's displayed on its own separate screen - but there is a view where you should be able to see, as a minimum, InBox, Sent, Trash etc.

Tim

5. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    This is probably a slight misunderstanding, because it is not possible to have only an Inbox.

When you are in portrait mode, tap on Inbox, in the top left corner, then tap slightly below that spot again (it displays the name of your mailbox) and it takes you to the email account overview. In the top it shows the Inbox and below the email account, selecting it shows a list of folders.

twerppoets advice should lead you to the same place though.

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    This is what I was thinking as well.