What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trash can

elltell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only just found out that my trash can has not been emptied since I had my ipad.
Unlike my computer there is no "empty trash can" option.
I can only delete each one by selecting and deleting and the page holds onl 8 messages at a time.
I will be here til Xmas, anybody know if there is a quicker method than this?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but on a stock iPad, that's the only way to do it.

You can make your selection a bit faster if you first select the gray Edit button at the top right (of the left side ... in landscape). Then, just tap on each e-mail and you'll see a red check mark appear to the left. Just keep tapping and scrolling, scrolling and tapping until you reach the end. After all have been selected, at the bottom of that side pane is a red Delete button. Tap it and then all the e-mails you've selected will be deleted.

It's faster than swipe, delete; swipe delete - mostly. Yeah, it's a pain in the knee, but until Apple sees fit to give the stock iOS the ability to "Delete All," that's what you've got. Sorry.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depending on your account type, you can also visit your web email site using Safari. You may get the full site, or a mobile version. Either way the website controls may give you an option to empty the trash in one step.

This only works if your Trash is on the sever. If you've got a POP account, or your other accounts are set up to store trash locally, you have to do it the hard way.

Most reactions

Latest posts