What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Translating a language on iPad Air 2.

ajp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the site and computers so please excuse me if any of my questions seem simple but to me they are not. I'm wanting to know if there is a way to translate the current page that I'm reading? Thank you for any help. ajp.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums, ajp!

There's an app that can help translating sites/pages in Safari: the Microsoft Translator app. If you find it in the App Store, download it and select your language in it's settings.

Then open a site Safari. Tap the Share button at the top right - the square with the arrow upwards. On the menu you get, slide to the left/ right until you see More, and tap it:
IMG_8850.JPG

Then scroll downwards, and enable Microsoft Translator:
IMG_8851.JPG

That done, you'll find it in your Share menu. When you access a site, tap the Share button and Select Microsoft Translator to get a translation of the current page:
IMG_8852.JPG

OP
A

ajp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the site and computers so please excuse me if any of my questions seem simple but to me they are not. I'm wanting to know if there is a way to translate the current page that I'm reading? Thank you for any help. ajp.
Welcome to iPadForums, ajp!

There's an app that can help translating sites/pages in Safari: the Microsoft Translator app. If you find it in the App Store, download it and select your language in it's settings.

Then open a site Safari. Tap the Share button at the top right - the square with the arrow upwards. On the menu you get, slide to the left/ right until you see More, and tap it:
View attachment 76014
Then scroll downwards, and enable Microsoft Translator:
View attachment 76015

That done, you'll find it in your Share menu. When you access a site, tap the Share button and Select Microsoft Translator to get a translation of the current page:
View attachment 76016
Hello J.A.
Thank you for getting back to me,will try what you have said. Alan.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For paragraphs, while not doing the whole page, I use the free Google translate app as it does lots of languages (as no doubt does the Microsoft Translator app recommended by JA.)

OP
A

ajp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello NSquirrel,I have tried to download Microsoft translate but looking at the reviews they are saying its got a bug at the moment. I have downloaded Google translate but what I'm wanting to do is if I search on a foreign site when the site opens it asks if I want it translated. Thank you for your help its much appreciated.ajp(Alan)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The ratings for Microsoft Translate in the Austrian App Store are excellent. The app was updated in January.

I've tried it once. Of course it's not possible to translate sites word for word, but still: the translation makes sense. Here's an example, in my native language:
IMG_8886.PNG

Afaik, Microsoft Translate is the only option to get a translation in Safari directly.

If you use Google Translate, you'll have to copy the text and paste it to the app to translate it.

Another option would be Google Chrome. The app offers translations of sites automatically:
IMG_8887.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or you can use the Google Translate site. If you type (or past) a URL instead of text, it translates the entire site.

Google Translate

I use two of the iTranslate apps for most things, but the site translation feature is pro only; so on the rare occartion I need a site translated I use the above method. If I had to do it a lot I'd probalby go with an app, or use the Chrome brower; as others have suggested.

Most reactions

Latest posts