What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring video to ipad

steveatesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all just got the iPad and love it! Never used apple products before and I want to transfer some videos to the iPad from a Windows laptop for watching when convenient. Please can you tell me what settings are best for the iPad in terms of resolution and frame rate etc?

Also there seems to be a multitude of software out thee to do this - anybody aware of a product that stands out over the rest?

Thanks in anticipation :)

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Settings res = 1024 x 768

Fr= 24 fps

Use any software..u just need to get the settings rite..

One question i wanna know is there any way to directly download Apple TRAILERS to ipad? Instead of downloading them and syncing thru laptop?

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would go to the app store and buy AV Player HD and all your problems will be solved

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use DVFab8 in my windows machine to put my kids movies in there iPods, how ever the other night after we purchase a movie for the kids I tried in the iPad and works great in there as well.

However is you not doing movies the proper setup is a iRuthlessPad say.

OP
S

steveatesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:

Fr= 24 fps

One question i wanna know is there any way to directly download Apple TRAILERS to ipad? Instead of downloading them and syncing thru laptop?

Thanks very much much appreciated I will give it a go! Sorry I can't help you with your question though hope you get sorted out :)

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Uhmmmm...you do not like all the watchable previews in the HD movie section of iTunes on the iPad?

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing videos on the iPad are a pain in the ass. Apple sucks lol

On a lighter note I like the AirPlay app. You can stream videos direct from your pc and while your watching them your pc does all the work of converting the files.

sent from iPad

Last edited:

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Fr= 24 fps

Create your own thread and post your question mate

that way you get a wider audience that may solve it:)

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pwned Pak said:
Create your own thread and post your question mate

that way you get a wider audience that may solve it:)

After all it is in the forum rules as well!

"4. Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread posted in multiple forums is subject to deletion.

4.a Thread Hijacking is not allowed... this includes starting general chit chat or banter in legitimate threads. Keep this to the Off Topic section."

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts