1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Transferring video to ipad

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by joP, Aug 11, 2013.

1. joP

joP iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to transfer video from a JVC camcorder directly to an ipad without using a computer?

Thanks
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,907 / 1
    Do you want to record the video on your iPad? If so, the answer is no, you would have to convert it to a format compatible with the iPad on a computer, then transfer it to your iPad.
  3. handofendowment

handofendowment iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure if it would be possible. The iPad doesn't have a SD card slot even if the video format was compatible.
  4. ocean2026

ocean2026 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ihave a similar issue. I want to have videos on my IPAD as part of a Powerpoint Presentation - I use slideshark but my IMAC has them in different format. I've tried a program to change them ito wav. files but it didnt seem to work. I suppose I can just have them on my Ipad and know in PPD or Slideshark just to press video and that woulld work
  5. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Is it recording to an SD card or the older style tape? If an SD card, have you tried the Camera Connection
    Kit appropriate for your model iPad? This allows photos and videos recorded on the more modern video and still cameras to be transferred directly to your Camera Roll.