What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring video to ipad

joP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to transfer video from a JVC camcorder directly to an ipad without using a computer?

Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to transfer video from a JVC camcorder directly to an ipad without using a computer?

Thanks

Do you want to record the video on your iPad? If so, the answer is no, you would have to convert it to a format compatible with the iPad on a computer, then transfer it to your iPad.

handofendowment

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it would be possible. The iPad doesn't have a SD card slot even if the video format was compatible.

ocean2026

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ihave a similar issue. I want to have videos on my IPAD as part of a Powerpoint Presentation - I use slideshark but my IMAC has them in different format. I've tried a program to change them ito wav. files but it didnt seem to work. I suppose I can just have them on my Ipad and know in PPD or Slideshark just to press video and that woulld work

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks

Is it recording to an SD card or the older style tape? If an SD card, have you tried the Camera Connection
Kit appropriate for your model iPad? This allows photos and videos recorded on the more modern video and still cameras to be transferred directly to your Camera Roll.

Most reactions