What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring photos

woodturner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't ask much hear. I find that reading solves most of my questions. I have one I don't know where to ask. I have uploaded a bunch of photographs that I want to post on Facebook but can't or can't figure out how to. So my question is how? Question #2.....which flash drive do I use the transfer picture out of my iPad? Could you help me, please.

I thanks you for your time,

Laurie

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This may be slow going but you can post photos to Facebook from the Photogene app but only once at a time. There may be others but I'm sure of this one. Checked and you can also upload to Facebook directly from your photo app in the Friendly app.

I'm not sure what you are asking in the second question.

Last edited:
OP
W

woodturner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Diane, the reader for the memory chips, from my camera, on my Laptop has gone bad and I want to put these photo's in it. I thought, I would remove them from my iPad and put them in my laptop using a flash drive. See what I mean. I hope.

Thanks for your help,

Laurie

SoundJaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Diane, the reader for the memory chips, from my camera, on my Laptop has gone bad and I want to put these photo's in it. I thought, I would remove them from my iPad and put them in my laptop using a flash drive. See what I mean. I hope.

Thanks for your help,

Laurie

Laurie,
I think I am understanding you but just to be clear you want to just transfer pics from your iPad to your laptop, right? All you need to do is plug your iPad into your laptop directly with your sync cable. If you are on pc you can find the iPads files under computer. If using a Mac just open iPhoto.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the pics are on your camera and you want to put them on your laptop, I would suggest you get a USB card reader for the laptop to stand in for its broken built-in one, and do the transfer direct. This would be a lot better than doing it via your iPad, which will rename/renumber/re-date every photo. 3rd-party USB card readers are quite cheap, and certainly a lot cheaper than trying to get the laptop's one fixed.

However, if you have already transferred them from your camera's card to your iPad and deleted them from the card, I think SoundJaw's recommendation will be the best solution.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DM51 said:
If the pics are on your camera and you want to put them on your laptop, I would suggest you get a USB card reader for the laptop to stand in for its broken built-in one, and do the transfer direct. This would be a lot better than doing it via your iPad, which will rename/renumber/re-date every photo. 3rd-party USB card readers are quite cheap, and certainly a lot cheaper than trying to get the laptop's one fixed.

However, if you have already transferred them from your camera's card to your iPad and deleted them from the card, I think SoundJaw's recommendation will be the best solution.

I agree about using a small SD reader than going through the Ipad. When I had a laptop before built in card readers and I carried a laptop for backup for commercial and personal shooting I always had a small reader along. Even now if I want files from my 5D with CF card I still have to carry a small reader.

Most reactions