What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring photos imported to ipad to my computer after using Camera Connection Kit

Liberty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a typical nooby this question may be easy for some to answer. I went out and purchased the Camera Connection Kit which I was able to transfer my photos from the camera using the SD card. The connection was simple plug the Camera Connection SD adapter in to the IPAD and insert the SD card. Simple application and the photo files were loaded on my IPAD. It will ask you to delete these photos off the SD card which I did with no troubles transferring the photos into an albums on my IPAD called "All Imported". When I plugged the IPAD into itunes I thought this album would sync an appear in my photos section but it did not. I am hoping that something simple that I have not done can easily be resolved. Hoping to hear what that simple fix is.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using Windows, the iPad should show up on the PC as a USB drive. Both the pictures on the Camera Roll and Imported pictures should show up under the DMIC folder.

gfkw47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Liberty said:
As a typical nooby this question may be easy for some to answer. I went out and purchased the Camera Connection Kit which I was able to transfer my photos from the camera using the SD card. The connection was simple plug the Camera Connection SD adapter in to the IPAD and insert the SD card. Simple application and the photo files were loaded on my IPAD. It will ask you to delete these photos off the SD card which I did with no troubles transferring the photos into an albums on my IPAD called "All Imported". When I plugged the IPAD into itunes I thought this album would sync an appear in my photos section but it did not. I am hoping that something simple that I have not done can easily be resolved. Hoping to hear what that simple fix is.

Hi - did you ever get an answer to this. My problem is very similar. I took lots bog photos with camera on holiday and downloaded onto IPad, and also a few using the IPad. I now want to transfer to PC to organise them into files (don't think it can be done on the pad). When I try to sync I get a message asking if I want to replace the synced photos on the IPad. It says the IPad contains photos synced with another folder and they will be replaced. Not sure how Ingot to here but I am very scared of losing all my photos. Anyone got any thoughts please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When your iPad is connected to your Windows PC, it should show up as a USB drive under MyComputer. Your imported pictures will be in the DMIC folder in a subfolder named something similar to 105IMPRT.

The sync warning you are describing only applies to photos synced through iTunes from a folder on a computer. It does not affect the camera roll or imported photos. Check your photo sync settings to see what folder(s) you have set up to sync.

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

gfkw47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When your iPad is connected to your Windows PC, it should show up as a USB drive under MyComputer. Your imported pictures will be in the DMIC folder in a subfolder named something similar to 105IMPRT.

The sync warning you are describing only applies to photos synced through iTunes from a folder on a computer. It does not affect the camera roll or imported photos. Check your photo sync settings to see what folder(s) you have set up to sync.

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

Got it thanks. Thanks for your help.

Dubuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to upload photos and the iPad I saying it requires too much power. I have 94 charge and of course cannot plug in at the same time. Really a nooby here

Most reactions

Latest posts