What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring photos from camera to ipad

intownred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to take a trip and would like to avoid taking my Macbook. Without a computer, is there any way to transfer photos from my Canon PowerShot to my ipad? This is when it would be really handy to have a USB port on the ipad! Thanks for any suggestions!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
intownred said:
I am about to take a trip and would like to avoid taking my Macbook. Without a computer, is there any way to transfer photos from my Canon PowerShot to my ipad? This is when it would be really handy to have a USB port on the ipad! Thanks for any suggestions!

apple iPad camera connection kit

USB and sd/mmc

I'll be back with the link in a moment :)

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC531ZM/A

just be wary of the USB one though, not all USB drives work, they need to be low power ones

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Camera Connector is about $30 and is available from Apple web site or places like Best Buy. Works really well with any camera whether with SD or other. There are 2 parts--one you will insert into the power port of the Ipad and insert your SD card into it. With the Ipad on it will then automatically open the Photo app and you have a choice to download all or select. If you have a camera like my 5D with CF card you use the mini USB cable that came with it (to download to computer) and you connect to your camera and insert the other end into the second CC part which inserts into the power port of Ipad. With the camera and Ipad on it will automatically download photos also. Just about as easy as it can get. The Camera Connector with the two little card/USB parts are small and easy to tuck into a camers or Ipad bag. I've been using mine for almost a year and leave my laptop at home. I do have enough cards so that I save them after uploading to Ipad and upload to Main computer/Lightroom (I shoot in RAW) when I get home.

I just noticed the warning about a USB drive card reader. Don't use one unless it is self powered. I would recommend not using one at all but use the cable that came with the camera as I said (be sure your camera's battery is full since that will power the download).

Diane

Last edited:

vickiemoses

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the iPad2and the accessories to upload photos from my Cannon camera. It worked the first time beautifully, but after taking more photos and then trying to upload them, it won't work now. What am I doing wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the iPad2and the accessories to upload photos from my Cannon camera. It worked the first time beautifully, but after taking more photos and then trying to upload them, it won't work now. What am I doing wrong?

The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!
Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts