What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring photos from android Galaxy IIs to Mac computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbrookhyser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this to me? Gotta get these pics off my phone! Thanks.

OscarSakari

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect the phone via usb cable (the one you use to charge it more than likely). On the phone itself you can go into settings and for usb connection set it to "storage". You also will likely get a dialog box pop up when you plug it in asking you what you want to do with the files. Don't sync. Choose open folders with Windows Explorer. The phone will be mounted as a lettered drive. You can go into Computer find the phone/drive and browse the files like a hard drive. Pictures are usually in a folder called DCIM. You can also just do a search on the drive for any and all .jpg files and that will lead you to the pictures. Copy and paste them onto the laptop hard drive. The screen shots below show how I get to the pictures on my Android phone. This is Windows 7 but the idea is the same. Do not choose the option to sync. Just go to the drive letter assigned to the phone. There may also be pictures on the storage card and you can browse to those as well. In my case the pictures are in the DCIM/MEDIA100 folder in the main phone storage.

Moderation notice:This post has been edited by ipadforums staff in accordance with theForum RulesNo External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Oscar and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you for taking the time to help this member, but as this is a very old thread and the OP has most likely already found their answer, we shall now close this thread.

....Thank you for your understanding........

.........THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts