What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transferring photos from a computer to an Ipad2

miketreleaven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I transfer photos from my pc ( not a mac) to my ipad? I've tried connecting via a usb cable and copying the photos but this doesn't seem to work

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The most common way is to use iTunes. You can download it for free onto your PC. If you've never used it before it may be tough to figure out at first as iTunes syncs to get files onto your iPad, instead of a file manager. I believe you have to sync an entire folder of photos to get them onto your iPad.
I think there may be apps that can be used to move photos, but I have not used any of them.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I transfer photos from my pc ( not a mac) to my ipad? I've tried connecting via a usb cable and copying the photos but this doesn't seem to work

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. If not already done, download the latest iTunes app applicable to the PC and click on that. Then connect your iPad to PC using the USB sync cable. Select your iPad, that then appears, from the Devices section. (I think on the LHS) A summary page of your iPad will open. Click on the "Photos" button and then check the "Sync photos from..." box. Once you click on the "Choose Folder" option in the drop-down menu, you can select the photos/folders you want to transfer onto your iPad. Then click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen and your photos will appear on your iPad.

The above is what I only remember is applicable to the iPad 2. I have the iPad 3 where the steps/description are just slightly different in where to click on the screens but the whole principle is the same. If I have erred in the description I apologize; someone will I hope chip in to correct. Try it anyway Mike and let us know how you got on.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Appreciate this is not a solution for the OP since it is the wrong way round, but Dropbox now has (free) built in photo syncing making it very easy to transfer your photos from iPad to PC automagically via the cloud without the need to use iTunes at all. Just thought it was worth mentioning as I've been relying on it quite a lot lately and it is much easier than syncing sometimes ;)
But it's iTunes all the way for getting your PC photos onto the iPad! :D

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Appreciate this is not a solution for the OP since it is the wrong way round, but Dropbox now has (free) built in photo syncing making it very easy to transfer your photos from iPad to PC automagically via the cloud without the need to use iTunes at all. Just thought it was worth mentioning as I've been relying on it quite a lot lately and it is much easier than syncing sometimes ;)
But it's iTunes all the way for getting your PC photos onto the iPad! :D

Thanks for that heads up. I'm going to look into it myself.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts