Transferring pdf's already downloaded into library onto good reader

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by conniepiano, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You are correct. Another way is to sync iBooks to iTunes on a computer and copy file from the ipad to the computer and then back to GoodReader using the apps tab.

For your protection Apple heavily sandboxes data on the iPad to prevent a 'Russian' hacker from emptying your bank account using a rouge application. If you don't like it you can always get an Android tablet (only 17 true Android tablet applications exist today compared to Apple's 65,000 tablet apps!).

Sent from my iPad using iPF

2. jfolliard

jfolliard
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    When I tap once on the ibooks pdf and then tap the move to arrow or what ever you call it, ONLY the Print option comes up, no option to email the pdf from ibooks. Is there a setting I've missed?

Thanks.

Jack

3. miket5au

miket5au
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Oh come on. That is just twisting the truth.

I have an android tablet - 1024x600 resolution - and all android apps I tried (and use) work fine at that resolution and that was many more than 17.

What is "true tablet app" supposed to mean anyway?

4. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Jack open your PDF in iBooks to read it and top left there should be the iPad Arrow to Share. Tap on it and there is an option to email the PDF. Before you do that turn on AIRPLANE MODE in SETTINGS as we don't want to waste time in actually sending an email.

Anyway you may email it to somebody as long as there are no DRM issues like having bought the PDF from the iTunes store. Apple is not going to let you share an item they can sell someone else! Email it the PDF and you will get a warning to turn off AirPlane mode. Ignor that and iOS will tell you it placed your email in your OUTBOX for later.

Open email and under your account name you will see OUTBOX in horizontal view. Tap on it and you will see your pending email. Tap on the PDF as you would if the email had gone and come again and select OPEN IN.

After you have transferred that attachment from iBooks to something like GoodReader go back to Mail and delete your message in OUTBOX. Turn OFF airplane mode.

You more or less defeated the need to actually email something away form the iPad just to transfer it to a local app in the iPad SANDBOX.

Does this help you?

5. jfolliard

jfolliard
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks It must be the particular PDF - no mail option but another PDF did show email option. Funny, the PDF in question is apple's iPad manual! Apparently they don't want you to email it. Why is that?

6. Mariasme

Mariasme
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've just had the same experience. For free PDFs, which I downloaded from local tourist information services, the mail option did not appear when I tapped the arrow button-- only the print option appeared. For a PDF I created myself, the mail option did appear. Looks like I'll have to go back to iTunes, but I spent hours there yesterday, trying to follow instructions from Goodreader that I only half understood, and had no luck at all. I will try the instructions above.

7. jeff911

jeff911
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    When pdf is too large to email from iBooks is there another work around?

8. enotar

enotar
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    This is ridiculous from both Apple and Goodreader, I will ask my money back.

9. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Since this is an old thread, chances are the members who have participated here have already moved on and no longer will post back here.

We will close this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.