What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring paid apps?

Fractalmyth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have been letting my kids use my iPad for homeschool, and have purchased full versions of many apps. I have now bought them an iPad mini, which arrived yesterday. I do not want to use the backup from my iPad, because I only want to transfer the school apps we are using right now (so they have a limited choice). I did not create a new apple ID, just used my ID - the one that I purchased the apps with. I went to the AppStore on the mini, and installed (from my list of purchased apps) the ones I want them to use this month. However, when we tried to use them, we found that on the mini, they have gone back to the free trial versions, and I can find no way to make my paid upgrades available on the mini. What do I need to do?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have to restore in-app purchases as well if they were upgraded from free to paid thru that mechanism. So go back into the app and most of them should have a restore feature under options. If not, just go to the place where you did the original in-app purchase and simply click on it again. It will not charge you if you have used the correct iTunes account.

Most reactions

Latest posts