1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Transferring paid apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Fractalmyth, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Fractalmyth

Fractalmyth iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I have been letting my kids use my iPad for homeschool, and have purchased full versions of many apps. I have now bought them an iPad mini, which arrived yesterday. I do not want to use the backup from my iPad, because I only want to transfer the school apps we are using right now (so they have a limited choice). I did not create a new apple ID, just used my ID - the one that I purchased the apps with. I went to the AppStore on the mini, and installed (from my list of purchased apps) the ones I want them to use this month. However, when we tried to use them, we found that on the mini, they have gone back to the free trial versions, and I can find no way to make my paid upgrades available on the mini. What do I need to do?
  2. Skull One

Skull One iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +78 / 0
    You have to restore in-app purchases as well if they were upgraded from free to paid thru that mechanism. So go back into the app and most of them should have a restore feature under options. If not, just go to the place where you did the original in-app purchase and simply click on it again. It will not charge you if you have used the correct iTunes account.