What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring music files to IPad

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that I have successfully transferred doc files to IPad using ITunes, do I use same method to transfer music files, and is there any likely hood of taking up too much space, like 30 albums ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Transferring documents?

Do you mean by using the File Sharing method? Then it's not quite the same thing.

The method I prefer is to import the music into iTunes using Add to Library in the Files menu. Once you do that go to the Music tab instead of the Apps tab. There you can choose to sync all your music, or selected songs by playlist, artist, album, or genre.

Alternately you can simply drag songs or albums from the song list to the iPad in the Devices list.

If you have a lot of music and want to sync playlists (like I do) the first method is the way to go.

If you only have a few songs and are satisfied with the generic sorting/listing in the Music app on the iPad, then the second will be enough.

Most reactions

Latest posts