What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Files from Computer to iPad

annieadore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an experienced pc user and do a lot of work in excel. we are taking a trip tomorrow by car and i would like to use the ipad to work on my excel documents. can anyone tell me in detail how to transfer my pc excel workbooks to quick office on the ipad?
Thanks, Annie

Last edited by a moderator:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an experienced pc user and do a lot of work in excel. we are taking a trip tomorrow by car and i would like to use the ipad to work on my excel documents. can anyone tell me in detail how to transfer my pc excel workbooks to quick office on the ipad?
Thanks, Annie
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

To transfer your files to QuickOffice:
  1. Connect your iPad to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).
  3. After your iPad syncs with iTunes, click on the "Apps" tab at the top of the page.
  4. Scroll down to the File Sharing/Apps area at the bottom of the page.
  5. Locate and click on QuickOffice (listed in the left-hand column).
  6. The right-hand panel changes to "QuickOffice Documents".
  7. Drag and drop your files into that area or click on the "Add" button at the bottom and locate the files you want to add.
  8. Finish by clicking on the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page and the files will be transferred to your iPad.
Subsequently you can move files from your iPad to your computer using the reverse.

This example is for another app, but it's the same for QuickOffice:

wluj41.jpg

FWIW that same method works with any app that uses file sharing.

Hope that helps and have a safe trip!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts