What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Documents to New iPad?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just purchased an iPad Mini to replace my iPad 1.

Reloading apps that I had previously purchased on the iPad 1 couldn't be easier. It was good chance to leave out the apps that I don't use.

Transferring documents seems to be very patchy. I was hoping to achieve this via iCloud but it just doesn't seem to be that simple.

Both devices are connected to iCloud. The apps have been configured to use iCloud and I have synched everything I can think of.

Here is a lust of apps and their current state of play.

Safari - Bookmarks synched/copied, not sure which.
Pages - Documents appear to have been copies over.
Numbers - Nothing
GoodReader - Manually copied a few documents via Dropbox. Trying a bulk download (folder by folder)which looks promising.
Notes - Nothing
Contacts - Synched/copied/merged, not sure which.

I am very averse to using PC based iTunes by the way.

Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably the fastest way to achieve this is to back up your iPad 1 and set up the mini from the backup. That should transfer all of your data and settings over.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably the fastest way to achieve this is to back up your iPad 1 and set up the mini from the backup. That should transfer all of your data and settings over.

When restoring the iPad 1 backup to the Mini, is there any control over what it restored?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

[Edit] Actually, everything is pretty well updated. Synchronising Pages and Numbers happened eventually, it's just not immediate.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts