What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Apps To To Ipad

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I two apps over 20 mb that i want to transfer to my ipad. This is my first time doing this and still on the original os from ipad 1 and have not done a backup yet either. i noticed the apps section is greyed out, not sure what i am doing wrong. I tried it on WI-FI, the apps that are smaller already on the IPAD show check marks but I am unable to check the ones in the list i want.

OP

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, I was using my Mac on Wif-Fi, It may be my IPAD connected was on 3G. They coild be it, will try again later and post back.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it's a bizarre limit imposed by Apple. There's no way to bypass it so, if you're downloading apps, video, music etc directly to the iPad then - if it's larger than 20MB you'll have to use WiFi.

Tim

OP

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Made sure IPAD was on WIFI also, no change. Apps still showing greyed out, not sure how to get these over to my pad.Can IPAD apps be downloaded to MAC and then transferred from MAC to IPAD.

Most reactions

Latest posts