What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring apps from 3GS to iPad2

holein10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A very bizarre question. I have The Chambers Dictionary app on my 3GS which I would like to put on my iPad. However when I originally put the app on my 3GS I had an email address and password which differs from my current email address and password. Therefore when I use my iPad to search for apps on my iPhone it only identifies those apps which I have downloaded using my new email address, thus not recognising "Chambers". How can I overcome this problem?

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
holein10 said:
A very bizarre question. I have The Chambers Dictionary app on my 3GS which I would like to put on my iPad. However when I originally put the app on my 3GS I had an email address and password which differs from my current email address and password. Therefore when I use my iPad to search for apps on my iPhone it only identifies those apps which I have downloaded using my new email address, thus not recognising "Chambers". How can I overcome this problem?

Sign out of the store and then sign back in using your old account. Goto the app store and download the app you want. Sign back into your new account.

OP
holein10

holein10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Sign out of the store and then sign back in using your old account. Goto the app store and download the app you want. Sign back into your new account.

Thanks for that. I'll try it!

Most reactions