What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering Videos from iPad1 to iTunes

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been searching the forums and on the net and not sure if I'm missing something but I can't figure out how to transfer my videos I record to iTunes. I use PhotoSync to pop the videos I record from my iPhone to iPad. My daughter is a barrel racer (horses) and it's handy to take the video with my phone and put them on my iPad for larger and quick viewing. BUT how do I transfer them to iTunes or get them to my computer?

What I am wanting to do is be able to rename these videos with the race name and time she ran, along with organizing them a little and putting them on my puter at home in case we want to pull them up there and watch.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is covered somewhere and I'm just missing it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post to the Help section because I thought it might receive better attention there. I hope that was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

OP
j joy j

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perfectly fine, thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can use the same PhotoSync program to move movies and photos to your computer. While it is supposed to be possible with just the app on the device, it is easier when using the free computer program available on their site.

Home - www.photosync-app.com

OP
j joy j

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I'm not the biggest iTunes fan, which was the big hold back from getting the iPad vs Xoom but soooo glad I went with iPad. Now just to figure out how to do everything I want. I thought iTunes would play a little easier with their devices but I've learned there's an app to work around much of what you're 'supposed' to use iTunes for.

I ended up using PhotoMgrPro along with PhotoSync. With PMP I was able to throw my video of my daughter's race from my iPad to my puter, and it allowed me to rename them and put them in files according to the race location.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Most reactions