What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering photos from my memory card

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ive got the camera comnectin kit (CCK) just dunno how to transfer just says no image but i know they are there wht do i need to di for them to be recognised on ipad camera kit ?

OK, you kind of introduce another topic? :confused: I assumed that the images you wanted on the iPad now reside in a folder on your laptop computer - correct? And is your question now one of trying to transfer these images via the CCK from the laptop to the iPad? Well, the CCK is not for that purpose at all, i.e. the device is used (either by using a SD card from your camera or a USB cable from the camera to the CCK) for transferring images from the camera's memory into the iPad's photo app.

If your setup is as I understand (photos are now on your laptop computer), forget the CCK and review my previous suggestions - :)

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No mate ive been saying i want use my camera connection kitibe took pics from cd put them to laptop and they are now on memory card and a usb stick that plug into the connection kit but i cannot get it to pick up images do you know how to work the connection kit with either usb or memory card to transfer the photos ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No mate ive been saying i want use my camera connection kitibe took pics from cd put them to laptop and they are now on memory card and a usb stick that plug into the connection kit but i cannot get it to pick up images do you know how to work the connection kit with either usb or memory card to transfer the photos ?

Well, I was afraid that you were going to ask that question, but was hoping that you would explore the other options! :eek:

The simple answer is NO, the more complicated answer is POSSIBLY - sorry, many of us have tried w/ some success but not worth the effort IMO - check out THIS THREAD and ALSO the link in my post which goes into more depth on the difficulties in this transfer. However, if you discovered a way then please let us all know - good luck! Dave :)

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks mate apprecaite your efforts anyway, i really dont wanna use itunes cos ive not plugged ipad to laptop since i got it it will take ages lol how can i do it through icloud does that need to be through itunes also from laptop to ipad ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks mate apprecaite your efforts anyway, i really dont wanna use itunes cos ive not plugged ipad to laptop since i got it it will take ages lol how can i do it through icloud does that need to be through itunes also from laptop to ipad ?

At the moment I've not used iCloud (will when I upgrade my iDevices) so cannot provide any experienced comments - but (if not already done) I would suggest obtaining a Dropbox account (website HERE) - an app resides on your iPad and also an icon in your notification area of your computer; a folder is created on your hard drive (click the image below; left panel shows the Dropbox folder & right panel the opened folder w/ a 'Photos' sub-folder @ the bottom on my laptop) - once you copy your photos there, the images will automatically be available on your iPad (as long as both are on the same Wi-Fi network) - give it a try; good luck! :)

P.S. iCloud would behave in a similar fashion if you want to explore that route?

Dropbox.JPG

Most reactions

Latest posts