Transfering files from Keynote to a USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'iWork Forum' started by Neroli9, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Neroli9

Neroli9
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have similar problem. Need to get keynote onto USB Thumbdrive per an instructor and use later in live presentation. I have an iPad air and a PC. I have sent via Dropbox first in Keynote, then in PowerPoint but doesn't open to read so is worthless to transfer to thumbdrive. Instructor is using a MAC. Sent to her email from Ipad but she has old software and is having trouble opening. Any suggestions?

2. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    By this do you mean the presentation does not run by itself from the USB drive? If so, I believe the default file needs to be run in Keynote or PowerPoint.
    I recall there was an option to output a PowerPoint presentation as a standalone file with a built in player, not sure if Keynote has that option (particularly the iPad version).

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've moved your post and its response to its own thread where it will receive more attention.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi - let me try to understand your issue - you are making a Keynote (KN) presentation on your iPad, you transfer the presentation via Dropbox to your PC, and on your PC using PowerPoint, the file does not open - correct?

Give this a try - I made a 2-slide KN presentation, then hit the Share button (little box w/ outgoing arrow) - select 'Open in another App' - the dialog box below will appear which allows you to save the presentation in PowerPoint format - good luck! Dave :)

P.S. this solution was alluded to in a previous post - the feature is still present in the most recent iOS version of Keynote.
    IMG_1637.PNG