What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering files from Keynote to a USB Flash Drive

Neroli9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have similar problem. Need to get keynote onto USB Thumbdrive per an instructor and use later in live presentation. I have an iPad air and a PC. I have sent via Dropbox first in Keynote, then in PowerPoint but doesn't open to read so is worthless to transfer to thumbdrive. Instructor is using a MAC. Sent to her email from Ipad but she has old software and is having trouble opening. Any suggestions?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
but doesn't open to read so is worthless to transfer to thumbdrive.

By this do you mean the presentation does not run by itself from the USB drive? If so, I believe the default file needs to be run in Keynote or PowerPoint.
I recall there was an option to output a PowerPoint presentation as a standalone file with a built in player, not sure if Keynote has that option (particularly the iPad version).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post and its response to its own thread where it will receive more attention.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have similar problem. Need to get keynote onto USB Thumbdrive per an instructor and use later in live presentation. I have an iPad air and a PC. I have sent via Dropbox first in Keynote, then in PowerPoint but doesn't open to read so is worthless to transfer to thumbdrive. Instructor is using a MAC. Sent to her email from Ipad but she has old software and is having trouble opening. Any suggestions?

Hi - let me try to understand your issue - you are making a Keynote (KN) presentation on your iPad, you transfer the presentation via Dropbox to your PC, and on your PC using PowerPoint, the file does not open - correct?

Give this a try - I made a 2-slide KN presentation, then hit the Share button (little box w/ outgoing arrow) - select 'Open in another App' - the dialog box below will appear which allows you to save the presentation in PowerPoint format - good luck! Dave :)

P.S. this solution was alluded to in a previous post - the feature is still present in the most recent iOS version of Keynote.
IMG_1637.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts