What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering files from iPad to a USB Flash Drive

mhayso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this really possible? I have the 3rd gen iPad. I have Pages and Keynote and sending my work via email works well but that's not what I want. I would like to save my work in my own USB flash drive. Plus, when I send Keynote presentations via email as a PDF document, the awesome effects can't be projected.

Please if any of you can tell me if there is an adapter for that, where to find it, how much it cost and all of that, I'd be so THANKFUL... !

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mhayso said:
Is this really possible? I have the 3rd gen iPad. I have Pages and Keynote and sending my work via email works well but that's not what I want. I would like to save my work in my own USB flash drive. Plus, when I send Keynote presentations via email as a PDF document, the awesome effects can't be projected.

Please if any of you can tell me if there is an adapter for that, where to find it, how much it cost and all of that, I'd be so THANKFUL... !

From what I have learnt it isn't possible, but you may want to look here: http://www.hypershop.com/

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

OP
mhayso

mhayso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad right? Thank you anyway... That stuff looks great!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With an Airstash, you can save to your SD card from both Pages and Keynote. You can read from it as well.

iNotes4You

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transferring files from iWork directly to USB-Drive connected to e.g. Airport-Router is not possible.
But you can open an iWork-File in another app e.g. Files Connect (Antecea).
Files Connect allows you to establish a connection to the router.
After opening the iWork-File in Files Connect you can copy it to the attached USB-Drive.

Edited by Moderator - no blog links, please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mhayso

mhayso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
With an Airstash, you can save to your SD card from both Pages and Keynote. You can read from it as well.

Really... Thanks!

OP
mhayso

mhayso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iNotes4You said:
Transferring files from iWork directly to USB-Drive connected to e.g. Airport-Router is not possible.
But you can open an iWork-File in another app e.g. Files Connect (Antecea).
Files Connect allows you to establish a connection to the router.
After opening the iWork-File in Files Connect you can copy it to the attached USB-Drive.

Edited by Moderator - no blog links, please read the forum rules.

Wow... That's great! Thanks a lot... Just what I need :)

Most reactions

Latest posts