What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transfering 'custom' apps

jaccs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I dont actually have an iPad myself but I had a question to help me with something that has come up at work. One of our directors has recieved an iPad from a conference he went to and it came pre loaded with the conference papers. However as the director already has an iPad supplied by us, he wants to know if this conference app can be transferred from this new ipad to his old one... one of the other directors would like a copy of this app also.
Would anyone be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say it came preloaded with the conference papers, do you mean that these are only accessible from within the custom app - i.e. they're not, say, PDF format?

It's not possible to 'copy' apps from one iPad to another in the way you are proposing, though, so unless the papers are in a common format, what you want to do will not be possible. It would be better to approach the conference organisers. But, as most conference organisers charge a substantial sum for copies of conference papers, I doubt whether they'd be prepared to do this without charge.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts