What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering Apps?

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I decide to get the iPad 2 and give my old one to my daughter, will iTunes transfer my purchased apps to the new one or do I need to purchase them all over again?

Thanks.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you hook it up the the same computer you are using for your iPad that you have now, you make an identical clone of the new one (assuming it is the same size or larger). iTunes will take the last backup you did of your present iPad and transfer that over to the new one.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be a bit more wordy - you can have as many idevices as you want attached to an account. I think that I have like 9... They can all have their own profiles on your computer, but they are all under the same Apple ID. Apple has NO limit on the number of iDevices that can carry content from a single Apple ID.

However, you can only have up to 5 different computers authorized to work with the same account. Unlimited devices, 5 computers...

So, just don't make a new Apple ID, and you can put as much or as little of your content on the new device(s).

Most reactions

Latest posts