Transfering Apps?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jcherepy, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I decide to get the iPad 2 and give my old one to my daughter, will iTunes transfer my purchased apps to the new one or do I need to purchase them all over again?

Thanks.
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    As long as you hook it up the the same computer you are using for your iPad that you have now, you make an identical clone of the new one (assuming it is the same size or larger). iTunes will take the last backup you did of your present iPad and transfer that over to the new one.
  3. pluto6

pluto6 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    To be a bit more wordy - you can have as many idevices as you want attached to an account. I think that I have like 9... They can all have their own profiles on your computer, but they are all under the same Apple ID. Apple has NO limit on the number of iDevices that can carry content from a single Apple ID.

However, you can only have up to 5 different computers authorized to work with the same account. Unlimited devices, 5 computers...

So, just don't make a new Apple ID, and you can put as much or as little of your content on the new device(s).