What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer pics

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a refurbished iPad 4. What is the best way to get my pics from my windows laptop to the iPad? I have some pics on google drive, but it appears I can only download one pic at a time instead of a whole folder. Would it be easier to get a iCloud account, upload to that or download iTunes to the PC and sync that way. I always had problems syncing with my 1st gen iPad. Maybe it is easier now?
Thanks for any help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use the iCloud Control Panel, you can sync photos from the PC to the iPad through iCloud: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455
What you have to do there, is locate the folder on your PC, copy it and paste into PhotoStream in iCloud Control Panel.

The other option is iTunes: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

There are also apps available in App Store, such as Photo Transfer App, Simple Transfer, ... which will fit your requirements. A search for "photo transfer" will show quite a few results.

The photos you have in Google Drive don't need to be transfered or synced - just install the app on your device, and you're able to access them.

Last edited:
OP
N

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use the iCloud Control Panel, you can sync photos from the PC to the iPad through iCloud: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455
What you have to do there, is locate the folder on your PC, copy it and paste into PhotoStream in iCloud Control Panel.

The other option is iTunes: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

There are also apps available in App Store, such as Photo Transfer App, Simple Transfer, ... which will fit your requirements. A search for "photo transfer" will show quite a few results.

The photos you have in Google Drive don't need to be transfered or synced - just install the app on your device, and you're able to access them.
So if I put the photos in the photo stream folder on my PC they will be downloaded onto my iPad? I want to keep pictures on my iPad .
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They will also be visible on your iPad. They will not be downloaded, only synced. So if you delete them somewhere other than the iPad, they will be gone on the iPad also, and it will be difficult to retrieve them, if possible at all.

PhotoStream is for syncing only, not for importing or transferring.

If you want to keep them on the iPad, iCloud's PhotoStream is not the best solution.

OP
N

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as they are on the iPad even when I'm not connected to the Internet they will stay on the PC all the time

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As soon as they are synced to the iPad, they will be visible in PhotoStream, even if the device is offline.

If they are deleted from PhotoStream somewhere, they will disappear from the iPad also, as soon as it is synced/connected to the internet.

Last edited:
OP
N

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have installed/uninstalled, reinstalled icloud on my laptop with limited success. I put pics in the upload folderon pc, they show up in photo stream folder on pc and some, not all show up on the ipad. Usually 1 is missing. Then I delete from the uploads folder on pc, nothing happens on ipad. sometimes when i put a pic in the uploads folder on pc, it instantly shows up on the ipad, sometimes it takes a while. I guess I will sync using iTunes. If icloud would work things would be alot easier. I think the problem is a syncing problem on the pc, not sure though. Notices have popped up about icloud syncing failure a couple times.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Most reactions