What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos

Greg Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Can you transfer photos from a Canon PowerShot elph 520 HS directly to iPad air bypassing desktop computer.

2. Can you mark the apps in the App Store MARK AS READ because I keep checking the same ones out.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Afaik all Canon cameras have the same cable to connect to a computer. So it will work the same with your camera as with mine. To get your pictures directly to your iPad, you need this:

image-2057175736.jpg

Connect the Canon cable to your camera and insert the other end to this adapter/cable. When the adapter is connected to your iPad, turn on the camera. If your iPad's screen is not locked, the Photo app will open, and you'll be able to import the pictures to your iPad.

2. It's not possible to mark apps as viewed/read, afaik.

Last edited:

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. Afaik all Canon cameras have the same cable to connect to a computer. So it will work the same with your camera as with mine. To get your pictures directly to your iPad, you need this:

View attachment 53271

Connect the Canon cable to your camera and insert the other end to this adapter/cable. When the adapter is connected to your iPad, turn on the camera. If your iPad's screen is not locked, the Photo app will open, and you'll be able to import the pictures to your iPad.

2. It's not possible to mark apps as viewed/read, afaik.

This connector is a worthwhile spend, especially when traveling.

Most reactions