What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos to PC

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blueface said:
For me, I have a MacBook.
I connect the iPad 2 to laptop and then open iPhoto and import as new event(s).

I do not have a Mac. How to do this with Windows?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

maqueswell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Rudy,

It's easy, when you plug your iPAd2 into your computer a windows "autoplay" window pops up. Double click on "open device to view files", double click on "Internal Storage", double click on "DCIM", double click on the next folder I believe the file name is different for each iPad (mine is 800AAAAA).

After you double clicked on the folder all of your photos and videos show up...you can either highlight, right click and copy/cut or drag and drop onto your desktop etc.

Have a good day!

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maqueswell said:
Hey Rudy,

It's easy, when you plug your iPAd2 into your computer a windows "autoplay" window pops up. Double click on "open device to view files", double click on "Internal Storage", double click on "DCIM", double click on the next folder I believe the file name is different for each iPad (mine is 800AAAAA).

After you double clicked on the folder all of your photos and videos show up...you can either highlight, right click and copy/cut or drag and drop onto your desktop etc.

Have a good day!

I know that, but the iPad has maps for every single file, too much work for me.
Any other way?

I have found an App in the Appstore, it is easy to transfer the photos to my PC, but I can only transfer the first 50 photos, if I want to transfer more I have to pay for it and I do not have a creditcard, so that is no option for me.

maqueswell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
um.....thats just another way, both worked just as fast to me. Please explain "maps" for every single file.

Thanks

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maqueswell said:
um.....thats just another way, both worked just as fast to me. Please explain "maps" for every single file.

Thanks

Sorry, I probably used the wrong word, "map" in Dutch is "directory" in English. Every single file has its own directory, which makes it hard to transfer all of them to Windows.

maqueswell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rudy,

I think I understand where you're coming from. The difference between you and I is probably the amount of files you're transferring. I hope you find a more efficient way to make your transferred more efficient.!

I just received my iPad and I'm learning as I go!

Most reactions

Latest posts