What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos PC to ipad

fbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to transfer about 170 photos from my PC to my iPad, and need to keep them together so I can use them in a presentation. Tried using iTunes and a cable... transfer appeared to go fine, but i can't find the photos on my iPad. I read that they should go into a new album, but the iPad photo app doesn't show a new album...??

Now trying transfer via dropbox... but still not sure how to get the photos into a specific album.

What's the best way to do this??

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Fbell - welcome to the forum! :) Now, I use Mac computers, so not sure 'how well' these suggestions may work w/ Windows, but first take a look at this forum THREAD - in post #6, a number of app and wireless options are described. Let me just emphasize 2 apps on the iPad which also have companion apps for either Mac or PC computers: 1) PhotoSync; and 2) Photo Transfer - these work well for photo transfer between my iDevices and Mac computers - check the links for PC options. Now whether your images will 'crossover' in the right order and w/ the same names is often an issue w/ these transfers, especially if using iTunes and the iOS photo app - you'll have to just give them a try. Please post back - others will be interested in the topic. Dave
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 4.03.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 4.05.31 PM.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you did so that the photos transfered via iTunes did not create an album; holding in mind that the photos will only be transfered when you actually sync with iTunes.

That said, I do not recommend using iTunes to sync photos ot the iPad. Albums created this way can only be modified by chaning the source on the computer, and then re-syncing through iTunes. There are other limitations as well.

DropBox is an acceptable way to copy photos ot the iPad's Photos app, if you've already done so. Hold in mind this is a two step process. Once the photos are in DropBox, you still have to copy them to Photos using the DropBox app. Once in Photos, you will have to create the album manually. If the photos all have relativlty close creation dates, it should be easy to select them by groups in the timeline (the Photos tab).

Tap Select at the top right. If there are a few photos to be selected in the group, slelect them individually by tapping the the photo. If most of the photos are to be selected, then use the Select button to the right of the group, then de-select the unwanted photos by tapping on them.

If you want to bypass the internet and send photos directly between your iPad and computer via your local wi-fi network, then I highly recommend PhotoSync by touchbyte GmbH (there are several simlarly named apps). Using their free desktop app you can send photos directly to an album (pre-created) on the iPad.

Note: The desktop app is not strictly required, but it does make things easier.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Fbell - welcome to the forum! :) Now, I use Mac computers, so not sure 'how well' these suggestions may work w/ Windows, but first take a look at this forum THREAD - in post #6, a number of app and wireless options are described. Let me just emphasize 2 apps on the iPad which also have companion apps for either Mac or PC computers: 1) PhotoSync; and 2) Photo Transfer - these work well for photo transfer between my iDevices and Mac computers - check the links for PC options. Now whether your images will 'crossover' in the right order and w/ the same names is often an issue w/ these transfers, especially if using iTunes and the iOS photo app - you'll have to just give them a try. Please post back - others will be interested in the topic. Dave
View attachment 76007 View attachment 76008

Seems I'm a bit slow. :rolleyes:

Due to recent device updates I didn't have PhotoSync installed on my iPad or iMac (just the iPhone) so I had to download it again, to make sure it was still available and did what I was almost certain it would do.

Since I've started using iCloud Photo Library, there hasn't been any reason to download it again; useful as it has been in the past, for the occational odd job.

Most reactions