What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer of Photos from a Blackberry Bold 9780 to an iPad

GHWALES

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to transfer a large number of photos from my Blackberry (BB) to my 64GB Wifi iPad.

I have tried the following 3 methods, without success.

1. USB connection from the BB to iPad, via the Ipad Camera Connection Kit.

2. Bluetooth - The BB 'finds' the iPad but the iPad fails to 'find' the BB

3. By inserting the Micro SD card from the BB, via an SD adapter , into the SD reader of the iPad Camera Connection Kit.

Can someone, please before I go mad , either

a. suggest a solution

b. tell me where I am going wrong or

c. tell me that what I am trying is impossible

Regards.

GHWALES:confused::confused:

Sw0p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know it is not possible. If I want to synchronize my calendar and addresses from BB with my IPad I do it in 2 steps. First synchronize my BB with Mac and than Mac with Pad.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't understand why #3 wouldn't work and then using ifile to transfer the pics.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email the photos to yourself. When they arrive in your iPad's mail inbox, open the email, press-hold on each pic, and then select "Save Image". They will be saved to your iPad's default photos folder.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The easiest way is to place the photos on a computer first, and then use iTunes to sync the picture folders back to the iPad. It is the only way you are going to be able to use the Photos app on the iPad and have your photos organized by album.

If you absolutely can not use a computer as a go between, then get a DropBox account download the DropBox app for both your Blackberry and the iPad. I'm not sure exactly how it works on the Blackberry, but DropBox says you can send your photos to it. You can also use DropBox to download photos to your iPad using either the DropBox or GoodReader app. I recommend the GoodReader app. You can either organize and view your photos from there, or use the Open In... function to move them to the Photos app.

The downside is that all photos you move to the Photos app will end up in your Saved Pictures album. There is no way of moving or organizing folders in the Photos app. It is designed to be synced to a computer folder, not as a stand alone photo organizer.

Most reactions

Latest posts