What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transfer of ipad from one adult to another

guybc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife is to take over my ipad3 and wishes me to clean out all the apps that it contained, while keeping her Email ability which she used while on vacation.
Does anyone have words of wisdom to the easiest way to go about it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Disable Find my iPad in Settings - iCloud, delete the iCloud account, then go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Erase all Content and Settings". This will remove every informationfrom the iPad and set it back to default.

That done, set it up as new, maybe using her Apple ID (or creating an ID for her), and set up her email account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

OP
G

guybc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disable Find my iPad in Settings - iCloud, delete the iCloud account, then go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Erase all Content and Settings". This will remove every informationfrom the iPad and set it back to default.

That done, set it up as new, maybe using her Apple ID (or creating an ID for her), and set up her email account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Thanks- very helpful
GS

Most reactions

Latest posts