What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer music between Itunes accounts

trekkfugl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two apple-ids, one connected to an old iPod and one connected to my new iPad2. I really would like to transfer the stuff from my old account into the new account/library. Any one out there who can tell me how to access ALL the stuff I actually bought from iTunes on my new iPad?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You didn't have to create a new account just because you got a new iPad. Have you bought anything on this new account yet? If not then just use your old account.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
trekkfugl said:
I have two apple-ids, one connected to an old iPod and one connected to my new iPad2. I really would like to transfer the stuff from my old account into the new account/library. Any one out there who can tell me how to access ALL the stuff I actually bought from iTunes on my new iPad?

I don't believe that you can, as DefBref said, just use the one account, you can still set up each device separately within iTunes so they sync different items, they don't have to sync the same from one account.

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple doesn't care what you buy with your account. When I got my iPad, I used an old account I had from 2006 when I first got an iPod. As far as Apple is concerned, one account is all they need.

While your best bet was to have just used the old account from the beginning, you can put stuff on the iPad using either the old account or the new account. The only hassle is, when doing updates or messing about with iTunes, you'll have to log in/out to work with/switch between the accounts.

I would recommend you use the account with the most purchases recorded against it. That way, your odds are better that the updates will be more on that one (more items). Just use one from now on and you'll lessen your hassle. And, if you can, as DefBref said, if you haven't used the new one to buy apps, just don't use it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts