What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer iTunes account to a new Computer ?

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I buy a new PC, can I transfer my iTunes account easily from the old one to the new one? How does one do this?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Your 'account' is held online, not on a pc. You can login and use any computer you want (up to 5 at once I think).

Just install iTunes on your new computer, plug your device in and off you go. All you then need do is make sure your iTunes library is accessible.

OP
W

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how would I transfer the Apps and music from my iTunes library on the old PC to a new PC?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a very informative, step-by-step article outlining how to move iTunes accounts to another computer: Transferring your iTunes Library | iLounge Article

I've used it to transfer my iTunes account from a Windows XP machine to one running Windows 7 (64-bit) with zero troubles.

It also has some good tips on maintaining a clean and healthy iTunes account. Again, very informative.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts