What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer iPad 2 to New iPad

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This must have been asked a thousand times, but I can't seem to find a thread for it.

I did a backup of the iPad 2 and restored it to the New iPad. Everything seem to go fine except the only things that didn't transfer were the Apps, Music and Books. Did I miss a step somewhere?

OP
Nick Burns

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I went into the sync options and selected each app, however they're not all showing up on the iPad. In other words, I can't find the icon, but I can do a spotlight search and find it.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. The backup only contains the content of the various apps. All media and apps must be synced in a second step. Just go through the sync settings with your iPad connected, set them up as you need, and sync.

You may need to restore from backup again after the sync, in order to get the content of the third party apps, but probably not.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OK I went into the sync options and selected each app, however they're not all showing up on the iPad. In other words, I can't find the icon, but I can do a spotlight search and find it.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Try a reset. Hold down the both the Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.

OP
Nick Burns

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, what I ended up doing was, within iTunes, painstakingly mimic the folders and pages from the iPad 2, then resync'd. This seems to have brought the icons back to "life".

Most reactions

Latest posts