1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Transfer from iPad1 to iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Nearlypastit, May 20, 2012.

1. Nearlypastit

Nearlypastit iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. I have an iPad1 which I purchased as refurbished about 9 months ago. I am very pleased with it and have decided to purchase the iPad2 and give the old one to my wife.
    I would like to know if I will be able to transfer my downloads from the old iPad to the new one. I would like to be able to pick and choose what I transfer and what I leave on the old one.
    Is this possible please. I would be grateful for any help and advice.
    Thanks.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +778 / 0
    You will be able to transfer your apps to your new iPad. Here's how. Set it up from the backup of your old one, rather than as a new one, and your purchases will be available on both.

You can leave all of your apps on the old iPad. You legally own them and may install them on all of your iDevices. It is not the same as PC software where you need to buy multiple licenses.

This is not confined to apps. Music, movies and books are also able to appear on both iPads.
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
  3. Nearlypastit

Nearlypastit iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's great, thanks for that, I'm looking forward to getting the iPad2 and exploring what it can do.
    Very helpful.