What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer from an old to a new iPad

davleew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer game scores & levels that I had achieved from my old iPad to the new one please. If so, how is it done?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer game scores & levels that I had achieved from my old iPad to the new one please. If so, how is it done?
It can be done by backing up your old iPad and setting up your new iPad from the backup of your old iPad. I've done it myself through iTunes on my computer.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check to see if the games appear in Game Center, if so, game data should carry over to another device with the same AppleID set-up in Game Center.

If you're backing up your entire iPad and restoring to a new one from that back-up, everything, including game data should come across fine.

EDIT: SciFan beat me by that much ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As scifan and dhewson said, restoring from the older devices backup should do the trick. However, developers don't always include the data in the backup folders, or in Game Center. You may lose data from a few of your games no matter what you do; but this is rare for the better developers.

Some games may use a third service to sync, like FaceBook. In those cases the games will update when you log back into that service within the game.

Most reactions

Latest posts