What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer a video to photo album

JFMoeller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a video that is on my PC and somehow I got it onto a new iPad Air 2 (non-Apple person here) but now I need to add it to one of the photo albums.
Currently the video is in the video folder. I tried several apps, including iTunes to get the video from my Windows PC to the iPad. Not sure how I did it - but it's there.

Thanks -

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a video that is on my PC and somehow I got it onto a new iPad Air 2 (non-Apple person here) but now I need to add it to one of the photo albums.
Currently the video is in the video folder. I tried several apps, including iTunes to get the video from my Windows PC to the iPad. Not sure how I did it - but it's there.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide more information: 1) What iTunes version are you running on your PC computer; 2) What iOS version in on the iPad (current one is 9.1 - apps often change w/ version upgrades); and 3) Explain your need for placing the video on the iPad in a certain folder?

Also, keep in mind that Apple's iOS is an app-centric operating system vs. a hierarchical file-centric OS like Windows which you are likely more comfortable in using - you need to change your perspective in using an iDevice - if this is your iPad and you are new to the device, have you downloaded any information/manuals on how to use the device? If not, go HERE and download the appropriate manual for the iOS installed on your iPad (I usually put these manuals into either iBooks or GoodReader). Please respond - Dave

OP
J

JFMoeller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
I finally purchased PhotoSync which did an awesome job of transferring the video directly into the album I wanted. The PC version is free, but for the iPad $2.99.
To answer some of your questions
PC iTunes: 12.3.1.23
iPad Air 2: iOS 9.1

Okay - here's the story. No, this isn't my iPad, it's my mother's - a gracefully seasoned woman. ;) Her BFF had an iPad so of course she had to have one! So, over the years I've had to learn bits and pieces depending on what was needed. She recently went on vacation and took pictures with her camera, video camera and iPad. In addition, I have pictures sent to me by email, text messages and copied from Facebook.
Mom wants them all on her iPad in an album so she can show her friends the Slideshow.

I had everything in there but then came this 1 video that is the cause of the entire trip. Yes, I know - I'm babbling.
Somehow I managed to get the photos on the iPad after learning the photos had to be a specific extension, at least the way I was doing it. Frustrations of upside down pictures and the fact they didn't transfer over in the same order that I had them on the SD card.

Now I have everything into a photo album in the iPad, however I can only move one photo at a time trying to get them in order.

I read the manual but it says nothing about working within photo albums.

The iPad has iTunes Store and Music apps installed but not iTunes itself. Looking in the app store, I see iTunes connect but wasn't sure if that was correct.

If you can tell me an easy way reorder the photos within an album, other than one at a time, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Jeanne

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jeanne - in all honesty, I find the native Photo App in iOS frustrating and rarely use it for organizing photos and albums - easy naming, renaming & sorting are non-existent (been using an iPad since 2011). Probably your best choice on an iDevice for that purpose is to obtain another app (many are free or at nominal cost) - visit the App Store and enter search terms such as 'Photo Sort', 'Photo Organizer', or 'Photo Album' - plenty are available - I have Photo-Sort and My Photos on my device - not perfect but both have much better features for image organization.

Congrats on getting the video into a location desired - I've used PhotoSync for a while, and also PhotoTransfer which works well (check the link, if interested). Hopefully, others will 'chime in' who have struggled through the native Photo App to offer some better suggestions, but my suggestion is to look for an alternate app. Dave :)

Most reactions