What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer a photo between albums

mschumer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this should be simple enough, i searched and searched. How do I transfer a photo from one album to another on my ipad air IOS 7. I did add to photo stream from my pc then the only place I could send it to was camera roll and not any other album I created.

Thanks,
Mike

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Open the album where you want to add pictures, choose "Select":

image-801746554.jpg

Then tap "Add":

image-3032052125.jpg

This will bring you here:

image-2656683804.jpg

Tap the photos you want to add, then choose "Done".
Hope that helps.

OP
M

mschumer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I did do this earlier. Some albums I named are grayed out and won't let me transfer. I created a new album with the same name and that gave me the ability to add to. Problem is I can't delete original album now. Some albums just seem to be embedded and you can't do anything to them.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If those albums are imported to your iPad from a camera, you can delete all the photos within the album. This should delete the album as well afterwards.

In case they were synced to your iPad via iTunes, you won't be able to delete them on your iPad. That has to be done through iTunes on your computer.

Last edited:
OP
M

mschumer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again!. These " Uncontrollable" Albums must have been created via iTunes. When I connect to ITunes I wish I could delete the particular album I want but I'm not sure how to do that. Some things on IOS 7 are straight forward and nice and others are a nightmare!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To delete synced photos and videos from your device

In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)
Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
Click Apply.
(Apple Support)

Most reactions

Latest posts