1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Tranfering ipad to ipod

Discussion in 'iPad FAQ' started by EvilJaggie, Oct 29, 2011.

1. EvilJaggie

EvilJaggie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was thinking of getting my kids iPods for Christmas, but I need to know if I can move their apps (the ones for the iPod/iPhone) over to there without rebuking them?

Thank you.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,728 / 0
    Oh, absolutely! As long as you keep the iPods under the same iTunes account as the iPad, you can transfer any iPod app over ... easily. In fact, IMNSHO, it's much easier TO keep the account the same, so you can transfer without having to rebuy them.

I have to admit, however, that I got a chuckle over your auto-corrected post. Rebuke those apps! :D Sorry - but that was cute 'cause I had a mental picture of you shaking your finger at those apps - making sure they behaved while on your kids' iPods.

Yeah, I'm weird like that....

But, seriously, I hope this helps/reassures you about the transfer.

Marilyn
  3. EvilJaggie

EvilJaggie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much!

And that dang autocorrect! Although I have yelled at apps before!
  4. meeko

meeko iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can also right click on a device in iTunes and select restore from backup and choose another device's backup. Eg click on the iPod then select to restore from the iPad backup