What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tracking apps

schreck2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am concerned about filling up my iPad with apps. With so many great apps out there, I don't know which to download. Is there a way to book mark them for later review? Or put them on a board like a pintrist board? Sometimes I think I don't want to download the app right now but might want to later or tell a friend about.

Any suggestions?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought but on the AppStore in the top right hand corner of the the app details is a button which will enable you to copy the app link. You could paste this in your notes app (or any other app where you can make a list), then, to go back to it you just need to touch the link.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I've had the same experience the OP is having and never thought about the posting in app notes
solution. Thanks for the recommend Gabriel.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Once a year I have a good idea......I think I now have eleven months off!

The Archangel

Mobilearts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I make a screen shot of the app page while at the apps store. This is saved to the saved photo file or Camera roll. Then create an album called apps screen shots or something similar. And collect these screen shots in the album for reference. If you purchase an app and delete it you can retrieve it later from your purchased apps account in the Apps store. If you have an app like Notebook or Goodreader you can move the screen shot to there and delete it from your Camera Roll to avoid cluttering it up with screen shots.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mobilearts said:
I make a screen shot of the app page while at the apps store. This is saved to the saved photo file or Camera roll. Then create an album called apps screen shots or something similar. And collect these screen shots in the album for reference. If you purchase an app and delete it you can retrieve it later from your purchased apps account in the Apps store. If you have an app like Notebook or Goodreader you can move the screen shot to there and delete it from your Camera Roll to avoid cluttering it up with screen shots.

You can move the screenshot to your notes app folder, but if you delete it in the camera roll, it will also be deleted in the notes app folder. This is because the photos are only stored once, in the camera roll, the photo in the notes app folder would only be a bookmark for the original photo in the camera roll.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the AppShopper to not only keep track of all my apps but it has a wish list that helps remember the apps I might want to purchase. It also sends me email when an app on my wish list is on sale.

Attachments

• image-4278936519.jpg
    image-4278936519.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 231

Mobilearts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You can move the screenshot to your notes app folder, but if you delete it in the camera roll, it will also be deleted in the notes app folder. This is because the photos are only stored once, in the camera roll, the photo in the notes app folder would only be a bookmark for the original photo in the camera roll.

I'm referring to an app named Notebook not the Notes app which comes with the device. The app named Notebook allows you to select photos from your camera roll and copy them into books (folders), rename them and group them by subject. They then can be deleted from the Camera Roll, and will be retained in Notebook.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mobilearts said:
I'm referring to an app named Notebook not the Notes app which comes with the device. The app named Notebook allows you to select photos from your camera roll and copy them into books (folders), rename them and group them by subject. They then can be deleted from the Camera Roll, and will be retained in Notebook.

Can they be put back into the camera roll if needed for some other purpose?

Mobilearts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Can they be put back into the camera roll if needed for some other purpose?

They can be used for other purposes directly from Notebook by copying or using the "open in" menu. They can be emailed or shared from Notebook. Videos, PDFs, Docs, pix, can all be stored and used with other apps. Goodreader is very similar and can be synced with cloud storage or backup. Using iTunes, photos can be moved to an iPhoto or myPhoto album from these apps and synced back to the iOS Photo app.

OP
S

schreck2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mobilearts said:

How do you take a screen shot and paste it in pictures

OP
S

schreck2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
I use the AppShopper to not only keep track of all my apps but it has a wish list that helps remember the apps I might want to purchase. It also sends me email when an app on my wish list is on sale.

This sounds like what I Adam looking for....but it is not available in US

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I second AppShopper. A wonderful app that allows full app bookmarks for later consideration. And it'll alert me of price changes and updates.

Shame it's not available universally tho

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
I second AppShopper. A wonderful app that allows full app bookmarks for later consideration. And it'll alert me of price changes and updates.

Shame it's not available universally tho

Where is it available ? Not in UK store.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts