What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TP-LINK Extender not seen by Ipad 2!

mortymoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Evening Ipad fundi's , after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I have decide to approach the forum for assistance....

I have an Ipad 2
I have a Fritz!Box ADSL Wireless Router connected to my PC (XP)
My Ipad2 can connect to the FritZ!box, no problem.... stream media from Pc and surf the net.. (WIFI 3 bars)
move about 8m.... still getting signal, but bars down to two....

I decide to purchase a TP-LINK WIFI Range extender (TL-WA830RE_) to extend the range of my WIFI.
I Place the Extender, 8m down the hall..... it shows that it has WLAN on..... Test it with laptop and mobile phone... no problem....

Place my IPAD2 , next to the extender..... the WIFI from the Fritz!box has gone on the Ipad....Ipad is searching for the WIFI signal, finds the FRITZ!box, but weak so displays an unable to join/connect... busy scanning for other networks..... This goes on and then it stops ... Nothing, Niks/Nada.....

Where am I going wrong......? I used a 2nd Ipad 2 that I have, also the exact same story...

How come, my PC and mobile can see the extender.... but the IPAD nothing...

I have reset the networking settings on the pas and rebooted, to no avail....

PLEASE! please help me solve this.....

Thanking you in advance

Morty...

lynda78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here exactly the same, I bought one today. Hooked it up, and everything that works on Windows7 is fine, but ipad / iphone but also my android phone seem to get confused over this extended signal and tend, even in the house where there is also a signal from the original router, to do nothing anymore. Any help is much appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts