What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tour de France app?

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone noticing the HORRENDOUS vid quality of the highlight replay footage?? There should be an option to DL non-live footage at higher quality.... This is one the reasons this app is not great.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's too bad there isn't another competing app so that we would have a choice. I generally find that competition improves the breed.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This app continues to disappoint. Today I lost video for the last 4 or 5 klicks of the stage. Fortunately, audio continued. Better yet, I backed up the app by watching it on Versus TV.

When the app works, it's pretty good. But when it fails, it is not pretty. I've had several instances of the app crashing too. Especially when another app pushes a notification while the All Access app is in operation.

I don't know if this is a shortcoming of the app or of the iPad.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
speedlever said:
This app continues to disappoint. Today I lost video for the last 4 or 5 klicks of the stage. Fortunately, audio continued. Better yet, I backed up the app by watching it on Versus TV.

When the app works, it's pretty good. But when it fails, it is not pretty. I've had several instances of the app crashing too. Especially when another app pushes a notification while the All Access app is in operation.

I don't know if this is a shortcoming of the app or of the iPad.

I just found SBS Tour de France Tracker. At first glance, it looks very good, and the price is right... free. Live video feed and all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JHJR44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Audio Problems

It took me a long time to discover that on my iPad (iPad1, 4.3.3) the side switch eliminates the audio if in the Mute selection, even thought the iPad manual states that the switch doesn't affect audio playback. This is the only app I have in which this happens.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
speedlever said:
It's too bad there isn't another competing app so that we would have a choice. I generally find that competition improves the breed.

Have you tried the Australian SBS Tour de France App?
I'm not sure whether it will work in the USA but it is free.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. As noted in post 34, I found that app... belatedly. I'm not sure when it came out, but don't believe it was available when I bought the All Access app the day before the TdF began. It does work in the USA.

Most reactions

Latest posts