What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tour de France app?

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yay! Finally got the iPad app and did the in-app purchase. Hope it lives up to its promise. I don't have an iPhone so I don't have that issue.

Wonder why the web version is twice the price of the iPad version?

Luv2mtb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any luck downloading this in Canada ?

Been trying to get the iPad app but keep getting error message saying not found. Wondering if I should bite the bullet for the all access $30 option ?

For those that have d/l the app already is the format layout good / different than the all access download ?

Tour Fever here we come.......:p

Last edited:

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How are you trying to get the iPad app? Via iTunes on your computer or via the iPad itself? I finally had success using the iPad and the App Store app.

Luv2mtb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying it from the NBC link = nothing only the full access

Trying it from ipad2 = nothing even comes up not found.

Haven't tried it from iTunes on my Mac yet

Any ideas ?

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe it's a location restriction thing? I wish I knew what to tell you.

Search for ITV tour live. Maybe that will work for you. It's not available in the USA.

Luv2mtb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for the suggestion I'm going to buy the online access couldn't download the itv player for the live stream only the podcast. Oh well. What's your prediction for the overall podium 1-2-3 ?

We have a local rider in the tour riding for Sky " Mike Barry " and of course everyone wants to see what Ryder can do but overall I'm going with.....

Andy Schleck

Cadel Evans - only because ex mtb'er:D

Bradley Wiggins

Ryder Hesjedal - also ex mtb'er :D

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No predictions here. But I think it's Andy Schleck's turn... fwiw. ;) I'd like to see George Hincapie and Levi Leipheimer do well too. And Cadel Evans and Mark Renshaw. I think Alberto will be a strong force again this year.

Should be an interesting tour. I'm following a number of riders.

Last edited:

Luv2mtb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't work on ipad2 in Canada. Oh well now I have to try and get the $30 from NBC.

To clarify bought the full all access as the iPad app wasn't a option to download. The problem is I can't download the Microsoft video player on the iPad so the only thing I can do is track riders on gps

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The data stream dropped out as I was watching the TdF with about 85 clicks to go. Hope they get the problem fixed else I may have to bump up the Dish subscription after all.

Luv2mtb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked Justintv on my iPad and I can watch it there, definitely not HD but it's on a few different streaming options ( languages )

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! Finally got the iPad app and did the in-app purchase. Hope it lives up to its promise. I don't have an iPhone so I don't have that issue.

Wonder why the web version is twice the price of the iPad version?

I'm finding that it really sucks, to be honest... No video replay, and the stats don't get updated very quickly at all.... By the time they update it, the next stage is underway... Like right now 12:30am EDT it STILL doesn't show Hushovd as leader (showing Gilbert still as yellow jersey).

NBC really ****ed this up and I knew they would... I want the old VS back and the app... Big networks need to go away!

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time figuring out when the next live broadcast will happen on the iPad app. I saw 0645 EDT time displayed for a bit.. but no video. Now here we are at 0742 EDT and the screen says coverage will begin shortly... whatever that means. And Stage 3 is well under way.

I didn't get to watch but a couple of hours of yesterday's team time trials on the iPad. Overall, it worked pretty well. The first day I saw a fair amount of poor data signal outages.

We'll see how this progresses.

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's because NBC sucks balls... I don't understand why they are being so retarded in providing video... The TV coverage on VS started at 8am EDT - so I have a feeling that because of that, live app vid feed doesn't start on time (ie. 6:45am EDT)

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The all access app had a lot of dropouts as I watched today. Very disappointing. I could watch a few seconds, and then the display would freeze for a while.. then start back up. Frequently the audio would drop out too.

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they underestimated the bandwidth and/or amount of users... You can see the quality drop as the end of the stage gets nearer... Then after the yellow jersey ceremony, quality starts going back up...

Most reactions